Syracuse men’s basketball game day: Everything to know about Notre Dame matchup

Tyler Lydon warms up before Syracuse hosted Notre Dame last season. That's when SU began wearing "Pearl" warmups in honor of the late Pearl Washington.

Syracuse (11-8, 3-3 Atlantic Coast) visits South Bend, Indiana, to take on No. 15 Notre Dame (16-3, 5-1) on Saturday at noon. The Orange still has yet to pull off a marquee win and a victory away from the Carrier Dome this season. Saturday presents a chance for SU to do both after winning three of its last five and treading water with a .500 record in the ACC. Notre Dame, meanwhile, is coming off a three-point loss to No. 10 Florida State on Wednesday, its first ACC loss of the year.

Here are answers to your most pressing game day questions.

How can you watch the game? Syracuse-Notre Dame will be broadcast on ESPN. Class of 2010 SU alumnus Mike Couzens will have the play-by-play duties and Doris Burke will be the color commentator. Here are channel listings based on provider in the Syracuse area.

• Time Warner: 300 or 24 for non-digital subscribers
• DirecTV: 206
• Verizon Fios: 570 (HD) or 70 (SD)
• Dish Network: 140
• New Visions: 757 (HD) or 70 (SD)

What is Tyus Battle working on improving? Battle has improved driving to the basket recently. After a hot start shooting well from deep, he’s been able to maximize more driving lanes.

What does Battle do the night before road games? He often lifts weights in the hotel.

Who on Syracuse is a key cog in its 2-3 zone? After receiving minimal playing time at points earlier this season, Tyler Roberson’s proven his value as a result of his athleticism and experience on the defensive end.

What does Andrew White want to do at this point in the season? He wants to diversify his offensive game and rely less on 3-pointers.

What do our beat writers think will happen? Find out, here.

Anything else to know about Notre Dame? Here’s a preview of the Fighting Irish.